Teraz jest 28 mar 2024, o 13:04

I would feel sorry for a second franchise there."

Nie samymi nowościami człowiek żyje. Powspominajmy kultowe czasy Atari, NES-a, Amigi, SNES-a, PSX-a, Game Boy'a czy Nintendo 64.

Moderatorzy: Martinex, gayardo

• Autor
  • Wiadomość

wangshi08

wyjadacz

I would feel sorry for a second franchise there."

Post23 lis 2017, o 08:50

The Golden State Warriors shrugged off the absence of the injured Steph Curry with an emphatic 114-81 victory over the Houston Rockets to book their place in the second round of the Western Conference play-offs. Lardarius Webb Jersey . The Warriors lost Curry after he suffered a sprained medial collateral ligament during Game Four against Houston on Sunday. However the reigning NBA champions dispelled the gloom as they routed the Rockets to complete a 4-1 series victory over the Texas outfit.The Warriors will now play either the Portland Trail Blazers or the injury-ravaged Los Angeles Clippers in the next round, with the opening game in the best-of-seven series set for Sunday.Curry is likely to miss all of that series as he struggles to recover from his knee injury.The star point guards place in the starting line-up was taken by veteran Shaun Livingston and the 30-year-old scored 16 points with seven-for-eight shooting against the Rockets.The template for the game was set early in the first quarter, with the Warriors jumping out to a 37-20 lead that they never looked like relinquishing.Rockets star James Harden had 18 points in the quarter but his team-mates never made a hoop in 12 minutes, with the only other Houston points coming from Dwight Howards two free throws.Harden top scored with 35 points, six rebounds and six assists, but it was not enough against the Warriors all-round game.Klay Thompson led the Warriors with 27 points, including seven of 11 three-point attempts.Draymond Green added 15 points with nine rebounds and eight assists.The Trail Blazers lead the Clippers 3-2 in their first-round series after claiming a 108-98 victory in Game Five at the Staples Center.CJ McCollum scored 27 points for Portland, while Damian Lillard bagged 16 of his 22 points in the fourth quarter against the Clippers who were without Chris Paul and Blake Griffin.In the Eastern Conference, the Charlotte Hornets notched their third straight win as they defeated the Miami Heat 90-88 to take a 3-2 lead in their first-round series. Bronson Kaufusi Jersey ." The game can be seen live on TSN starting with Monday Night Countdown at 6:30 p.m et/3:30 p.m. pt. The Patriots, who had a bye in Week 10, will look to continue the offensive success they had a week earlier when New England scored 55 points and racked up 610 yards of total offense in a 55-31 drubbing of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Matt Judon Jersey . There will be no Down Under four-peat for Djokovic, as the eighth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka outlasted the second seed 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 9-7 at Melbourne Parks Rod Laver Arena in yet another five-set thriller in their burgeoning rivalry. http://www.cheapravensshoponline.com/Youth-Brandon-Carr-Ravens-Jersey/ . The top-ranked Williams carried her winning momentum from 2013 into the new season, beating No. 2-ranked Victoria Azarenka 6-4, 7-5 on Saturday to defend her title at the Brisbane International and set the tone for the Australian Open.Peter Karmanos, one of the most venerable team owners in the NHL, is looking for someone to succeed him as owner of the Carolina Hurricanes. Karmanos has hired New York investment bank Allen & Co. to help him find an investor who would be willing to commit "hundreds of millions of dollars into the team but let me control it," he told TSN. Karmanos said he wants to partner with an investor who would buy out his interest in the team over time. Karmanos said he is seeking an investor who would value his team at $420 million or more. "What I am trying to do is set up a reasonable succession plan because Im not one of those guys who thinks I am going to go on forever," Karmanos said in an interview. "Id like to have a partner again...but someone will have to pay dearly for it. (The Hurricanes are) a valuable franchise despite what some of your folk in Canada say about them. I dont see a basketball or baseball or football team coming here. Were going to be the lone ranger here (in Raleigh) for quite some time." Allen & Co. executive Steve Greenberg declined to comment. Only five NHL owners have owned their teams longer than Karmanos. The 71-year-old, who also owns the Ontario Hockey Leagues Plymouth Whalers, has been an NHL mainstay since 1994, when he and some partners bought the Hartford Whalers for $47.5 million. Three years later, in 1997, Karmanos rejected Connecticuts offer of a new $147 million arena and said the team would leave Hartford for a more profitable market. "I had the bad luck of a governor on the take who tried to convince me to build a new arena," Karmanos said. "He ended up in jail for seven years." In Hartford, Karmanos said the Whalers struggled with the "tiniest, teeniest market in the league, surrounded by Boston and New York franchises. Not only were we competing against the Bruins and the Rangers, but also against the Islanders, Devils, New York Yankees, Giants, you name them. They were all after our little marketplace for advertising dollars and fan revenue. When I understood that I developed a plan for us to move." Initially, Karmanos, who grew up in Detroit, was approached by William Davidson, the late owner of the Detroit Pistons. Davidson suggested Karmanos move the Whalers to the Palace of Auburn Hills, the home of the Detroit Pistons. Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch would have sued him over that move, Karmanos said, so he considered other offers from suitors in Columbus; Nashville, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Las Vegas, and Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina. After two seasons in Greensboro, North Carolina, Karmanos in 1999 moved his team to Raleigh as the Carolina Hurricanes. The Hurricanes reached the Stanley Cup Final in 2002 and won in 2006. Last season, the Hurricanes averaged attendance of 15,483, 23rd in the league. Over the past five years, the team has never finished better than 17th in overall NHL home attendance. Sports investment bankers say the team loses millions of dollars a year, a suggestion Karmanos rejects. "A steady team should be able to make money, assuming they spend at the midpoint of the cap, and that they do their work in their market to sell tickets and advertising," he said. "We have improved in thhe 20 years I have owned the team. Danny Woodhead Jersey. This is a real business. Its not a foregone conclusion that we lose money." Several bankers had mixed reaction to Karmanoss claim that his team is worth at least $420 million. One banker said that it was unlikely he would fetch more than $300 million for the Hurricanes. But another banker noted that New York Islanders owner Charles Wang has reached an agreement to sell the Islanders for perhaps $500 million or more. According to a recent lawsuit filed by Philadelphia lawyer Andrew Barroway, Wang had an agreement to sell the Islanders to Barroway for $420 million. Wang later upped his demand for the Islanders to $548 million. He subsequently sold the club to another group of investors. Sports bankers said Wang got at least $480 million for the team. Forbes magazine values the Islanders at $190 million. "I think the Islanders sale puts to bed anything people want to say about how Forbes values teams," Karmanos said. "Its been frustrating over the years, the different values people throw around for teams." Karmanos also offered some insight into NHL expansion and the leagues efforts to grow its $3 billion-per-season business. He said Las Vegas, Seattle, Houston and Quebec City are all viable markets for the NHL. But Karmanos said he has suspicions that a second team in Toronto would face significant hurdles. "You cant guarantee that youd be a revenue contributor in Toronto," Karmanos said. "History has always shown other teams havent been able to match up even in the biggest media market in North America. Karmanos said that in baseball, New York at one time was home to the Giants, Dodgers and Yankees. But both the Giants and Dodgers moved to California to escape the shadow of the Yankees. "No matter what they did they were second fiddle to the Yankees," Karmanos said. "Then you have the New York Islanders and Rangers. No matter what the Islanders do they are second fiddle to the Rangers. Its why another team wouldnt move to Detroit. Because short of winning the Stanley Cup you would never replace the Detroit Red Wings. I dont care where a second team in Toronto might play, the Maple Leafs are in the hearts and minds of all those people... I would feel sorry for a second franchise there." Karmanos said hes been pleased with NHL Commissioner Gary Bettmans stewardship of the league, particularly for his ability to negotiate a collective bargaining agreement with the NHL Players Association that gives mid-market teams a chance to turn a profit and be competitive. Karmanos said he isnt worried whether the NHL develops a more aggressive strategy to build a fan base in blossoming markets such as China, where the National Basketball Association reportedly has partnerships with at least 51 TV stations across the country. "I dont know why you need new money," he said. "Its fair to say were not doing much in China, but Id rather be doing things in other markets were we get our players from. I dont care what basketball does. It may end up being a huge sport in China... I dont look at it as if we have to grow revenue every year. It would be nice, but you cant do it on the backs of your fans." Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Maxer7000

guru

Re: I would feel sorry for a second franchise there."

Post22 lut 2022, o 12:17

Golden State warriors to jest moim zdaniem świetny klub koszykarski. Uwielbiam go!

Tusk776

guru

Re: I would feel sorry for a second franchise there."

Post5 maja 2022, o 10:05

Golden State Warriors to jest mój ulubiony klub koszykarski. On jest świetny po prostu. Uwielbiam oglądać NBA!

Powrót do Retro