Teraz jest 29 mar 2024, o 15:32

I think Ive improved defensively, I think offensively I did

Dział, w którym będziemy wklejać nasze poradniki dotyczące głównie sprzętu, ale czasem także gier. Jeśli stworzyliście jakiś poradnik, który może przydać się innym graczom, zachęcamy do podzielenia się nim właśnie w tej sekcji.
  • Autor
  • Wiadomość

wangshi08

wyjadacz

I think Ive improved defensively, I think offensively I did

Post20 lis 2017, o 10:21

MONTREAL - A recharged Eugenie Bouchard, fresh off her stunning run to the Australian Opens final four, says shes ready to lead the Canadian team against Serbia at this weekends Federation Cup. Robby Fabbri Jersey . Bouchard, who grabbed the tennis worlds attention at last months Grand Slam, will be joined in the best-of-five series by Gabriela Dabrowski of Ottawa, Sharon Fichman of Toronto and Aleksandra Wozniak, of Blainville, Que. The 19-year-old rising tennis star said Wednesday she took time off after the Australian Open, and only worked a little bit on her serve and a few technical issues. "I was definitely physically and mentally tired," Bouchard told a news conference at Montreals Claude-Robillard Sports Complex, the site of Saturday and Sundays indoor World Group II first-round series womens tie. "Im happy with what I did, but never satisfied. I wanted to do better. At the end of the day I lost in the semifinals, so ... I hit the practice court and Im going to continue to work hard on court to try and do better." Bouchard, whose success in Melbourne moved her up to No. 19 in the world rankings, made her Fed Cup debut in 2011 and has a record of 7-2. Last year in Kyiv, Bouchard battled an injured ankle and won two matches, including the decisive doubles match alongside Fichman. That victory gave Canada a place in World Group II for the first time since 2010. Dabrowski, the countrys top-ranked female doubles player at No. 61 in the WTA computer, reached her first two WTA doubles finals in 2013 at Brussels and Linz in addition to winning two doubles titles of the ITF Challenger Circuit. The 26-year-old is 3-0 in Fed Cup play. The 23-year-old Fichman has a 22-7 career record at the Fed Cup, while Wozniak, 26, is 37-9. The Canadians will square off this weekend with a young, less-experienced Serbian team that will be missing two of its top players: Jelena Jankovic and Ana Ivanovic, a former world No. 1. Bouchard, who upset Ivanovic in the quarterfinal at the Australian Open, said Wednesday her team would have liked to meet them in the Fed Cup. "I think were all disappointed not to have the two best, Ivanovic and Jankovic, here," said Bouchard. "But now we will take advantage, we will try to do our best and I think we have all the best players in Canada here. They might not have their best, so we will use that to our advantage." Serbian team captain Dejan Vranes said Ivanovic wont play this weekend due to injury and that Jankovic no longer competes in the event. The country will be represented by Nina Stojanovic, 17, Aleksandra Krunic, 20, Jovana Jaksic, 20, and Vesna Dolonc, 24, who at No. 117 is its top-ranked player. Vranes called the Canadians the favourites, particularly since they will be playing in front of a home crowd in a venue that holds some 4,000 fans. "We have a great challenge in front of us, but I believe in our team and I think we have a chance in every match," a confident Vranes told reporters. "Well be ready to fight." The Canadian women, however, are aiming to continue Canadas recent stretch of strong tennis performances. On the mens side, Milos Raonic climbed into the top 10 in the world last year, while Vasek Pospisil also rose in the rankings. Both reached the Rogers Cup semifinals in Montreal last summer and led the Davis Cup team to a first-ever semifinal appearance. Wozniak said she hopes the women can also deliver their own record-breaking finish. "Were looking forward to the challenge, and what the men did, its made history in Canada," Wozniak said. "So, I think for me, and for the team, its important. We would love to make a new history for Canada and win this tie." For Bouchard, who grew up in the Montreal Island community of Westmount, theres the bonus of playing a match in her hometown for the first time in a year and a half. "Its always fun to play in Montreal," said Bouchard, who was asked whether more people seem to recognize her in the city since the Australian Open. "Yeah, for sure, there are people who say, Good luck and that they are proud of me. Its special. Im happy to get compliments like that." Joel Edmundson Jersey . With the Nets winning streak in jeopardy, Williams scored 23 points, 11 in the final six minutes, to lead Brooklyn to a 104-99 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday night. Jay Bouwmeester Jersey . Bayern led second-place Leverkusen by 10 points with a game in hand, while Dortmund was another four points off the pace. Freiburg midfielder Felix Klaus scored in the last minute as his side twice came from behind to climb provisionally out of the relegation zone. http://www.officialbluesnhlshop.com/jake-allen-jersey/ . -- Josh Smith made a 3-pointer as time expired and finished with 20 points to lift the Detroit Pistons to a 99-98 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves on Thursday night in both teams exhibition finale.MINNEAPOLIS - Trevor Plouffe is coming off of a season in which he led the Minnesota Twins in RBIs and signed a $4.8 million, one-year contract that made him the highest-paid third baseman in franchise history.Put those two things together and the 28-year-old Plouffe would appear to be on firm footing heading into his sixth season in the big leagues. But with star prospect Miguel Sano recovered from an elbow injury that cost him most of last season, the future is anything but certain for Plouffe.Im in it to win, man. I want to win the AL Central, Plouffe said as the Twins opened their annual fan festival.Thats our goal every year is to get to the playoffs, so thats all that matters to me. I know if I work hard and help the team thats all that really matters.If he isnt answering questions about Sano directly, its hard to blame him. The power-hitting Dominican was tearing up the minor leagues before needing Tommy John surgery on his right elbow last season, and it is considered only a matter of time before he is swinging for the fences at Target Field.In the interim, Plouffe is doing all he can to make a name for himself. He was a first-round draft pick in 2004, an athletic shortstop with some pop in his bat who was once viewed as a future star in the organization.But Plouffe struggled defensively at one of the games most demanding positions and occasionally frustrated then-manager Ron Gardenhire and the front office with his erratic focus.Over the past three seasons, hes started to show signs of what the Twins once saw in him. He hit 24 home runs in 2012 and 14 in 2013 before hitting another 14 and driving in 80 runs last season. And after a rough start defensively while he made the transition to third base, Plouffe has impressed those in charge with the work he has put inn to improve in that area over the last two seasons. Kyle Brodziak Jersey. Hall of Famer Paul Molitor, who served on Gardenhires staff last season before GM Terry Ryan hired him to take over as manager, was familiar with Plouffes reputation as a player who was just happy to be in the big leagues and not all that interested in putting the work in to take his game to another level. But he said he saw a change last season, the fourth straight that the Twins have lost at least 90 games.I was pleased with how he played last year, Molitor said. I think through a lot of hard work he developed a lot of confidence.Plouffe has fully recovered from a broken right arm late last September. His wife is expecting the couples first child in July, which Plouffe said has also given him a new perspective on his job.Ive put the work in, Ive had great coaches surrounding me, Plouffe said. I think Ive improved defensively, I think offensively I did as well, but theres always things to work on.Im not resting on any part of my game, so Ive been working a lot this off-season and Im going down to spring training a couple weeks early and Im going to get a lot of work in there. So theres just nothing for me to rest on. Im going to continue to work on all facets of the game, he said.As for Sano, the Twins arent counting on anything just yet. He still has to show that he is fully recovered from his elbow surgery, and likely will need some time in the minor leagues to get his timing back at the plate before the Twins will bring him up for the first time.So the job is Plouffes to lose. For now, at least.Trevor Plouffes the guy that done the job at the major league level, Ryan said. So Sanos going to have to come in and push him, thats all.___AP Sports Writer Dave Campbell contributed to this story. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Powrót do Poradniki