Teraz jest 28 mar 2024, o 21:48

The Memorial Cup has been handed out to Canadian junior hock

Dyskutujemy na tematy związane z naszym serwisem. Wolicie długie czy krótkie recenzje? Artykuły w formie wideo czy pisanej? Większe nastawienie na newsy, czy jednak recenzje i publicystykę? Dajcie nam znać w którym kierunku rozwijać stronę.

Moderator: gayardo

• Autor
  • Wiadomość

wangshi08

wyjadacz

The Memorial Cup has been handed out to Canadian junior hock

Post1 gru 2017, o 02:40

Less than a month after locking up Ricky Ray for the long term, the Toronto Argonauts locked up another one of their star players. Austin Wagner Jersey . The Argos have signed Most Outstanding Player Chad Owens to a two-year contract extension. "Extending Chad Owens contract helps us to create continuity and ensures another key player remains in Double Blue for the foreseeable future," said GM Jim Barker in a team release. "Chad is a dynamic player whose work ethic resonates within our locker room, and we are very happy he has committed to being an Argonaut." Owens, a star both as a receiver on offence and returner on special teams, set the single season all-purpose yards record last season with 3,863 combined. The 31-year-old from Hawaii was also effective in the post-season, helping the Argonauts win the 100th Grey Cup. "I am very excited for the opportunity to remain in Toronto and continue to build off of what we were able to accomplish in 2012," Owens said in the release. "I am looking forward to sharing more successes with the city, my teammates, our coaches and with the fans as we strive toward our ultimate goal of winning another Grey Cup." Owens has spent the past three seasons in Toronto after starting his CFL career with the Montreal Alouettes. Butch Goring Jersey ... as usual. Even with the salary cap being set lower than many general managers expected and hoped for at $69 million and whats considered a shallow pool of top-end players available, this unrestricted-free-agent period figures to follow the familiar script of teams bidding up prices to keep up with each other. Anze Kopitar Jersey . made a diving catch in left field for the final out in a 1-0 victory over the Miami Marlins in a regular-season finale Sunday. Zimmermann (14-5) allowed only two baserunners, finishing with 10 strikeouts and one walk in the fifth no-hitter in the majors this year. http://www.officialkingshockey.com/Derek-Forbort-Jersey/ . Hawkins severely sprained his left ankle while making a diving catch during training camp and went on injured reserve with a designation he could return midway through the season. He was back at practice Wednesday.LONDON, Ont. -- Three left-wingers from hockey families scored for the Guelph Storm in their 5-2 win over the Edmonton Oil Kings at the Memorial Cup on Saturday. Kerby Rychel and Tyler Bertuzzi each contributed a pair of goals and Brock McGinn added another for the Ontario Hockey League champions. Kerby is the son of Warren Rychel, a former NHL winger. Bertuzzi is the nephew of Detroit Red Wings forward Todd Bertuzzi and McGinn is the brother of Colorado Avalanche forward Jamie McGinn. "Early on in their lives they get the hockey sense quicker because theyre watching it so much and watching their relatives play and theyre around it," said Storm head coach Scott Walker, himself a former NHL defenceman. "They watch the training, the little things it takes to win games, chipping pucks in, chipping pucks out, blocking shots. Sometimes you dont have to spend as much time on that, but those three players are just good, solid, hockey players that coaches want on your team. Theyll block shots, theyll hit guys, but they also have skill to put the puck in the net. "Theyre fun to have, all a bit different to have. Brock is very quiet and Bert, we all know him. Hes fun-loving, loves to be out there and banging and being in everybodys face and Rychesy is just a very intense person." Storm defenceman Nick Ebert assisted on two goals and goalie Justin Nichols stopped 37 shots in the victory. Henrik Samuelsson and Ashton Sautner replied for the Oil Kings, who won this years Western Hockey League title. Goalie Tristan Jarry stopped 27 shots in the loss. The Oil Kings play their second game in as many days when they face the host London Knights on Sunday. Both teams are still looking for their first win of the tournament as the Knights opened with a 1-0 loss to the Val-dOr Foreurs Friday. The Storm face Val-dOr on Monday. Guelph was the highest-scoring major junior team in Canada this year with 340 goals. The Storm boast multiple weapons. Rychel, McGinn, right-wingers Zach Mitchell and Scott Kosmachuk and centre Robbi Fabbri all had over 80 points in the regular-season. McGinn is a Carolina Hurricanes draft pick and like his uncle Todd, Tyler is a Red Wings prospect. But it was a fluke goal in the second period that swung momentum to Guelph. The Storm fell behind 2-1 when Edmonton scored twice in a 27-second span starting at 1:19. A routine clear by Oil Kings winger Mads Eller deflected off Rychel and into Edmontons net to tie the game 2-2 at 7:40. McGinn provided the go-aahead goal at 14:52 and Bertuzzi padded the lead with a pair of third-period goals. Tiger Williams Jersey. . Rychel scored twice in the final 30 seconds of Game 5 in their OHL championship series against North Bay to clinch the series. The Columbus Blue Jackets prospect also scored the first two of the Memorial Cup for his team, although he took some ribbing from teammates about the second. "I just tried to get in front of it and try and knock it down and it just went in," Rychel said. "Obviously it was a really lucky goal, but Ill take it for sure." It was a rough day for the Eller brothers. Although Lars Eller scored for the Montreal Canadiens in Game 1 of their NHL Eastern Conference final, the Habs were drubbed 7-2 by the New York Rangers at the Bell Centre. Jarry teed the puck up behind the net for Mads Eller, who didnt see Rychel when he attempted to dump it down the ice. "I went to get it and clear it out of the zone and just an unlucky bounce," Mads said. "It hit their guy right in the stomach and it went in the net. I didnt see him. I was looking at the puck. It was bouncing a bit. I was trying to get a good shot and clear it and unfortunately it just hit him." Rychel converted two of Guelphs three power-play chances into goals. Edmonton was held scoreless on four opportunities a man up. "We felt if we did a better job on our special teams tonight . . . we gave up two power-play goals and we didnt score on our power play, so special teams really let us down," Edmonton coach Derek Laxdal said. "We have to figure that out pretty quick here and we have to regroup. I wouldnt say we played our A game tonight. Maybe a B-plus, so we can get a lot better in certain areas." The Memorial Cup has been handed out to Canadian junior hockey champions since 1919 and awarded in memory of those who died in the First World War. The tournament includes the Western, Ontario and Quebec major junior league champion as well as a host team. The club with the best record after the preliminary round earns a bye to the final May 25. The second- and third-place teams meet in the semifinal May 23. A tiebreaker game will be played in the event two teams tie for third. Guelph is making its fifth appearance at the Memorial Cup in its 23-year history and looking for its first title. The Oil Kings are at the Cup for a second time in three years. Edmonton lost in a tiebreaker to the host and eventual champion Shawinigan Cataractes in 2012. Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Powrót do strona onlygames.pl