Teraz jest 28 mar 2024, o 17:59

Indians RHP Justin Masterson is on track to start Tuesday ag

Dyskutujemy na tematy związane z naszym serwisem. Wolicie długie czy krótkie recenzje? Artykuły w formie wideo czy pisanej? Większe nastawienie na newsy, czy jednak recenzje i publicystykę? Dajcie nam znać w którym kierunku rozwijać stronę.

Moderator: gayardo

• Autor
  • Wiadomość

wangshi08

wyjadacz

Indians RHP Justin Masterson is on track to start Tuesday ag

Post15 lis 2017, o 02:50

LIVERPOOL, England -- Fulham and Cardiff were relegated from the Premier League on Saturday after Sunderlands surprise 1-0 win at Manchester United proved a reality check for the deposed champions interim manager Ryan Giggs. Jordan Mills Jersey . Fulham lost 4-1 at Stoke and Cardiff was defeated 3-0 at Newcastle, leaving both teams unable to climb out of the bottom three with one match apiece remaining. "I have to apologize for not managing the situation. The club asked me to come -- I tried," said Fulham manager Felix Magath, who was hired in February in an attempt to keep the club in the top division for a 14th straight season. "The thing is you can never say any player would like to see relegation, but they didnt fight enough, especially today." Cardiff goes down after spending just one year in the Premier League. Sebastian Larssons 30th-minute winner at Old Trafford means resurgent Sunderland have picked up seven points from recent away matches at Manchester City, Chelsea and United to move three points clear of third-bottom Norwich with two matches left. After opening with a 4-0 win over Norwich last weekend, Giggs saw United turn in a performance reminiscent of David Moyes woeful 10-month tenure that was ended last month. "I feel flat," said Giggs. "The players were flat and I dont know why . We were putting five- or 10-yard passes astray and if you do that in the Premier League you get punished. Weve had a problem at home all season -- its not been good enough." Already out of contention to qualify for the Champions League, United is also struggling to make the Europa League as it is six points behind sixth-placed Tottenham, which lost 2-0 at West Ham. Spurs went down to 10 men in the 25th minute when Younes Kaboul was given a straight red card for a professional foul, before an own goal by Harry Kane and Stewart Downings free kick secured a victory that preserved West Hams Premier League status for another season. Aston Villa is almost certain of staying up, too, after beating Hull 3-1 thanks to Ashley Westwoods goal after 58 seconds and a pair of headers from Andreas Weimann just before halftime. Villa is six points clear of Norwich, which likely needs at least four points to survive but ends the season with games against Chelsea on Sunday and Arsenal next weekend. Hull, a point behind Villa, is also unlikely to be hauled in by Norwich but its three-game winless run bodes ill for the FA Cup final against Arsenal on May 17. Southampton beat Swansea 1-0 away thanks to Rickie Lamberts injury-time goal in Saturdays other match. Andre Holmes Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Jordan Matthews Jersey . Canada was placed in one of the easiest groups during Saturdays live televised draw in Montreal. http://www.authenticbillsfanatic.com/c-74-bills-logan-thomas-jersey.aspx .C. -- The Steve Smith era in Carolina is over.SEATTLE -- Working both sides of the plate and mixing in his changeup, Indians starter Josh Tomlin had little trouble keeping the Seattle Mariners at bay Saturday night. Tomlin threw the second complete game of his career, throwing a one-hitter with a career-high 11 strikeouts in Clevelands 5-0 victory over Seattle . Tomlin (5-5) didnt walk a batter and a leadoff single by Kyle Seager in the fifth inning was the only blemish on his evening. It was the second complete game of Tomlins career and the first one-hitter by a Cleveland pitcher since Billy Traber did it against the Yankees on July 8, 2003. "He commanded so well," manager Terry Francona said. He was expanding (the strike zone). He showed in to keep them honest and then hed go away. A little farther. A little farther, just leading guys to pitches. "That was just a tremendous outing." Its only the third time since 2002 that a pitcher has recorded a one-hit shutout with at least 11 strikeouts and no walks. St. Louis Shelby Miller struck out 13 in a 3-0 victory over Colorado on May 10, 2013. San Franciscos Matt Cain equaled Tomlin with 11 strikeouts in a 5-0 win over Pittsburgh on April 13, 2012. "I felt good and I knew I was commanding the ball well to both sides of the plate," Tomlin said. "I had to have a good changeup today to get them off everything else." The Indians jumped on Mariners starter Roenis Elias (7-6) for a pair of runs in the first inning. Asdrubal Cabrera doubled and scored on a single from Michael Brantley. Brantley advanced to second on the throw home and scored on a double by Carlos Santana to give the Indians a 2-0 lead. Mike Aviles singled with one out in the fifth and came around to score on Michael Bourns double. A balk by Elias moved Bourn to third and Cabreras sacrifice fly scored Bourn to givee the Indians a 4-0 lead. Tyrod Taylor Jersey. Meanwhile, the Mariners couldnt solve Tomlin. He retired the first 12 batters he faced with some help from right fielder Ryan Raburn. He tracked down a deep line drive from Seager with a diving grab on the warning track in the second inning. "Great catch," Francona said. "Im glad it doesnt get lost two hours later because that was a really nice play." Seager singled to lead off the fifth and took second on a wild pitch and advanced to third when the throw from catcher Yan Gomes sailed into centre field. He was stranded when Tomlin struck out Michael Saunders to end the inning. "Our at-bats were not at-bats we want to talk about," Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon said. "We want to forget about them. It was one of those nights." Gomes homered off Elias in the sixth inning to extend Clevelands lead to 5-0. NOTES: Tomlin is 4-1 with a 3.41 ERA in five career starts against Seattle and 3-0 with a 2.12 ERA at Safeco Field. ... Indians RHP Justin Masterson is on track to start Tuesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers after pushing his scheduled spot in the rotation back two days due to a sore knee. ... It was the second time this season that Seattle had been held to just one hit. Garrett Richards, Joe Smith and Ernesto Frieri of the Los Angeles Angels combined to one-hit Seattle on April 9. ... LHP TJ House (0-1, 4.88 ERA) will be activated to start Sundays series finale with Seattle. He will face Mariners ace RHP Felix Hernandez (9-2, 2.24 ERA). ... McClendon said after the game the team is expected to call up RHP Taijuan Walker from Triple-A Tacoma to start Monday against the Houston Astros. ... The Mariners are 43-38 at the halfway point of their season. Its the first time the team has been over .500 through 81 games since 2009 (42-39). Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Powrót do strona onlygames.pl